Saturday, December 17, 2011

December 17 * Wise Men

Obey Jesus
 “If you love me, you will do the things I command.”
John 14:15

The Wise Men are characters in the Biblical account of Jesus first coming which are interesting to me. Finding anything that would be meaningful to young children is proving difficult. I guess that's why I chose to focus on their example of obedience and sacrifice.


Marco Polo wrote about the Magi - an article towards the bottom of the page shares an excerpt. It seems a tall tale, but lends to the historical account of their travel. The Magi, revisited




 

Activity Ideas
Play follow the star. Have one person be the star and all others are wise men trying to do as the star does, either in follow the leader fashion or Simon says fashion.

Our family does treasure boxes for each child for Christmas, rather than stockings. Every year I include a letter of praise and blessing personal for each of them, which is the first thing they open every Christmas.

Watch and do this "finger play" of the Wise men's story.



Still need a copy of Christmas is About Jesus? I almost always ship the same day. 
Do you have your ornaments
Would you like coloring pages? Order online and print today!
 Find out why I made them
Follow this link to preview Christmas is About Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment