Sunday, December 18, 2011

December 18 * Stars

 

Jesus is The Way

Jesus answered, “I am the way. And I am the truth and the life. The only way to the Father is through me.”
John 14:6

Stars are amazing. If you can, go out and look at them. You will find the longer you spend the more you can see. Out of all those stars, because of study or prophecy the Wise Men knew one of them meant it was time for the Son of God to be born!

I just got home from a church service where we were talking about Holy Spirit. Jesus said He would send Holy Spirit to guide us and so we would never be alone. As I read over todays devotion I realize I left Him out. When we believe in Jesus and make Him our Lord, Holy Spirit comes to live in us and guide us. All the other ways I mentioned of Jesus showing us the way are true also, but Holy Spirit is always there communicating with our born again spirit.

Activity Ideas


Folding Stars - I haven't got to try these yet, but I think they are super cute, older kids could likely handle them. They are calling them wishing stars. It made me think of writing prayers or blessings in them to remember.

These popsicle stick stars are cute.

Here's a super simple 3-D stars in several color combinations. Scroll down a little way to Christmas Stars.

Turn your star gazing into more of a science lesson, or just more interesting, with information from the Hubble Site. It features a video of what you can see in December.


Still need a copy of Christmas is About Jesus? I almost always ship the same day. 
Do you have your ornaments
Would you like coloring pages? Order online and print today!
 Find out why I made them
Follow this link to preview Christmas is About Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment