Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December 21 * Shepherd


Jesus is the Good Shepherd

“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd

gives his life for the sheep … My sheep listen to
my voice. I know them, and they follow me.”
John 10:11 & 27

Jesus our Good Shepherd. Most of us don't know much about sheep or shepherds from experience.

The Good Shepherd is a children's sermon that gives more detail about what a shepherd does.

Listen to My Voice (John 10)

I put in all the instructions for the game because the ads that were coming up on this page were not child friendly in my opinion. I think I have used this Page before so I hope you haven't had inappropriate things popping up. You may need to modify the game for your family size.

•You will need one staff. Use a long object, such as a broom handle.

To play, send three children to the front of the room. One child (who will play the Good Shepherd) will hold a staff while two others (the false shepherds) will stand beside the Good Shepherd. The three children up front will take turns calling out simple instructions such as "Jump on one foot." Children who listen to the false shepherds, or who do not listen to the Good Shepherd, will be out of the game.

Make the game easier by having adults as shepherds; make it harder by having children close their eyes.

Read more: Sunday School Shepherd & Sheep Games | eHow.com

Discussion
Share with your children how you hear Jesus voice, times you have followed and times you have not.

Enjoy your time together and prepare your hearts for remembering Jesus coming. Make room for Him in your heart, then there will be room in your schedule as well.


How do you make time to hear the Shepherd in this busy season?

Still need a copy of Christmas is About Jesus? I almost always ship the same day. 
Do you have your ornaments
Would you like coloring pages? Order online and print today!
 Find out why I made them
Follow this link to preview Christmas is About Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment