Sunday, December 4, 2011

December 4 * Candy Cane

Everyone who hears these things I say and obeys them is like a wise man. The wise man built his house on rock. Luke 7:24
To illustrate the idea of building on the rock have your children try building a tower of blocks on a ball or pillow before building on a good foundation of the floor or table. Even a table can be a shaky foundation if it's bumped too hard, some floors are too, for that matter. We have concrete, so no bouncing when someone walks around. :)

Here is a short sweet poem about the candy cane's true meaning:

Legend of the Candy Cane
Look at the Candy Cane
---what do you see?
Stripes that are red
like the blood shed for me.
White is for my Savior
who's sinless and pure!
"J" is for Jesus, my Lord,
that's for sure!
Turn it around and a staff
you will see---
Jesus, my shepherd,
was born for me!
---Author Unknown
Links to books, videos and things about the legend of candy canes.

Make Candy Cane cookies.

Cute ornament project: You could use different beads of whatever kind you happen to have. Cranberries and popcorn would work well to hang outside.



Still need a copy of Christmas is About Jesus? I almost always ship the same day. 
Do you have your ornaments? Would you like coloring pagesOrder online today!
Follow this link to preview Christmas is About Jesus. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Mukkove, great idea to post something everyday until Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marja! I'm glad you stopped by :)

    ReplyDelete